If you are a third-country national from Bangladesh and wish to study in Luxembourg for more than three months, you must follow a two-step procedure to obtain the necessary permissions. In the first step, you will need to submit an application for a temporary authorization to stay to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs.
You can submit your application from your country of origin, either to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs or to a Luxembourg diplomatic or consular representation or to a diplomatic or consular mission representing Luxembourg. It is important to note that your application must be approved before you enter the country, and applications submitted from Luxembourg are inadmissible.
Application for a temporary authorization to stay:
Your application for a temporary authorization to stay must include your identity details, such as your surname(s), first name(s), and address. You must also provide the following documents and information:
- A copy of your valid passport in its entirety.
- An extract from your criminal record or an affidavit (sworn declaration) established in the country of residence.
- Proof of enrollment in a higher education establishment in Luxembourg.
- Proof of sufficient resources to cover for living expenses and return-travel costs. The monthly resources must amount to at least 80 % of the current social inclusion income. Which around 15-20 lac BDT
- A health insurance certificate covering illness in Luxembourg (travel insurance).
You must provide proof of sufficient resources to cover your living expenses and return travel costs. The monthly resources must amount to at least 80% of the current social inclusion income. You can use the original document of the certificate of scholarship or student loan stating the amount and its duration, an original bank certificate and a bank statement for the past 6 months attesting that you have enough financial resources on your own account, or an original financial statement of support signed by a sponsor of Luxembourgish nationality or staying legally in Luxembourg, and regarding subsistence costs, medical and study costs for at least 1 academic school year, as well as return travel costs.
ATS Send Address:
Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs
Immigration Directorate – Department for Foreigners
26, route d’Arlon
Postal address :
B.P. 752 L-2017 Luxembourg
Applicants who already have the original authorization to stay and/or letter issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg must present the following documents: Individuals travelling under the Work/Employment category (D type) must fill their actual or previous employer details in the application form.
If you live in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka or in The Maldives, long term D Visa applications are processed at the Luxembourg Embassy in New Delhi. You can send the visa application directly to the Embassy through a prepaid courier service.
Embassy of Luxembourg
84 Jor Bagh, New Delhi – 110003, India
- Application form duly filled, dated and signed by the applicant.
- One set of Documents (original) required.
- One recent passport size photograph in colour on white background. Should be sized between 35 – 45 mm
- National passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel to Luxembourg and with at least 2 blank pages available + 1 copy of the data page of the passport.
- Proof of the means of transport (reservation or booking; presentation of a paid ticket is not required)
- *Authorization to stay (original) and/or letter issued by the Immigration Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Luxembourg (Mandatory).
- Overseas medical travel insurance valid for all Schengen countries for a minimum duration of 3 months and a minimum coverage of 30,000 Euros for all risks like accident, urgent medical attention, emergency hospital treatment and repatriation. This insurance is not required if the applicant can prove that before the arrival in Luxembourg, he/she is covered by an insurance through the future employer/spouse/family member (e.g. certificate from “Caisse Nationale de Santé”).
In the second step, after entering the country, you must make a declaration of arrival in the new commune of residence in Luxembourg and undergo a medical check. You must also apply for a residence permit for third-country students.
In summary, the process for obtaining a student visa to study in Luxembourg as a third-country national from Bangladesh involves two steps. The first step is to obtain a temporary authorization to stay, and the second step is to apply for a residence permit for third-country students after entering the country. It is important to ensure that you have all the necessary documentation and information before submitting your application to increase your chances of success.
For more information ministry website here